Prisoners shall be discharged in any of the following cases:
(1) When prisoner has served his/her term
(2) When inmate has served a period of time mentioned in warrant of detention
(3) When the case is dismissed
(4) When prisoner is provisionally released on bail
(5) When prisoner is granted parole/ good conduct allowance
(6) When convict is pardoned
The process of release is as follows:
(1) The prisoner is asked to return any state property in his/ her possession e.g. uniforms, mattresses and mats
(2) Inmates without relatives and those who cannot afford travel fare are provided with a ticket or pocket money as stated by the regulation provided that he/she has in advance submitted an application and has been interviewed by the authority.
(3) A convict who is discharged is entitled to a certificate of liberation
(4) Prisoner’s belongings deposited to the officials on his/ her admission are returned.
(5) Proof of discharge is issued.
(6) For parolee, or those released as an effect of good conduct allowance, a certificate of such release is given.